Welcome to our Education Based Therapy Page
Supporting the IEP
School-based services are offered using a web-based virtual classroom portal. These services support the students Individual Education Program (IEP) or similar mandated documents to meet the student’s educational needs.
Our therapists provide regular therapy services, attend IEP and other team meetings as well as provide educational based assessments via the computer. In-Person assessments are available with prior arrangements.
Applied Success, Inc. offers school-based Occupational Therapy and Speech Therapy Services to students from K-12
• Having a hard time finding qualified therapists?
• Have schools that are located in hard to reach places or great distances from towns/cities?
• Short Staffed?
• Working within a budget that makes large national placement agencies difficult to work with?
• Need short term therapists to fill short term gaps, without the commitment of a long term contract?
Telepractice is changing the landscape of school-based therapy practice. By design, this format of services allows for managed caseload sizes, allowing therapists to focus on each student with quality of care and attention to detail. It eliminates the need for additional space required for service providers on the school campus, as our therapists are working remotely. It is time effective, as students from multiple sites can be served without precious time lost due to travel between schools. Therapists are able to offer more flexibility for scheduling services with learning coaches and teachers. Our remote therapists can provide groups that unite children from different school sites in order to best suit individual needs. It allows for team collaboration with ease between teachers, therapist, and administration, as each team member can access meetings from their individual computers in their offices or classrooms.
Our therapists provide regular therapy services, individually and within groups, attend IEPs and other team meetings as well as provide educational based assessments via the computer. In-Person assessments may be available with prior arrangements.
Accessing these services is extremely easy. Once a contract and rate agreement is executed, we may begin providing services to your school(s) as early as the following day.
• A Laptop or Desktop purchased within the last five years
• Camera (usually integrated into newer laptops)
• Microphone (usually integrated into newer laptops)
• Mouse and mouse pad
• Internet Access
• Upload and download speed of 1200 MBPS
Test speed here: https://www.speedtest.net
*If your students use chrome books or tablets and do not have access to a laptop or desktop, lets discuss available options.
• An environment appropriate for learning • Access to an adult
- Every student will have their own individual “Learning Tool Box”, which varies depending on individual needs. Examples of standard tools include:
- Paper (lined and unlined)
- Crayons/markers/colored pencils
- Distribution of therapy specific items such as pencil grips, writing workbooks, etc., will depend on contract agreements.
Telehealth Research and Links
AOTA Telehealth position paper and service delivery
ASHA Telepractice position paper and service delivery
Efficacy Studies for Telehealth/Telepractice in OT and SLP
US Department of Education and FERPA